Integration of digital technologies into everyday life by the digitization of everything that can be digitized.Currently we see a lot of information addressing the topic of digitalization. Beyond the pure buzz-word a lot of previously effective and useful assumptions, structures and procedures have to be adapted to become successful in the new digitalized world. Our chapter focuses on the company's IT and highlights in detail what the required changes in its various levels and dimensions for corporate IT are to meet the new digital requirements. The idea of our chapter is to make the relevant levels and dimensions transparent, outline how the various elements interfere with each other and how this transforms the corporate IT in regards to its positions and importance of the company, the structure and processes within an IT organization and the requirements towards agility and skills.
- Integration of digital technologies into everyday life by the digitization of everything that can be digitized. Learn more in: IT Strategy Follows Digitalization
- Use of digital technologies to change a business model. Learn more in: Concept and Practices of Cyber Supply Chain in Manufacturing Context
- Digitalization is the integration of digital technologies into everyday life by the digitization of everything that can be digitized. The literal meaning of digitalization gives an apparent idea of development and technology dependent world. In this chapter, digitalization means computerization of systems and jobs for better ease and accessibility. Learn more in: ICT: A Magic Wand for Social Change in Rural India
- The integration of digital technologies into everyday life. Digitalization also means the process of making digital everything that can be digitized and the process of converting information into digital format. Learn more in: The Ontology of the Subject in Digitalization
- Refers to the technology of digitalizing information. Digitalized information is usually made up of binary digits and can be processed by computers. The computer decodes the digits and generates information that is human-readable. Learn more in: Learning Opportunities and Outcomes of Design Research in the Digital Age